Notes: In this tutorial, Domain indicates the domain that you are working in.
Tutorial 4: Build a Process Flow
What you will build
In this tutorial, you will learn;
- How to build a relatively complex process flow,
- How to route a screen to another account,
- How to deal with conditional scenarios via booleans,
- How to notify user via email.
The scenario we are going to exercise is as follows:
- The app consists of two pages. On the first page, you take an action, then request confirmation from another user.
- The other user receives the confirmation request.
- If they confirm, it means the operation is completed successfully; the workflow ends.
- If they reject, you have an email notification about it, then workflow ends.
- For simplicity, we are going to assign the same user as request sender and the receiver.
- The scenario can be visualized with the workflow below:
Screen 1 : Request
- Fill in My Request as you like.
- To send your request, click Send.
You sent a request. The second screen will open automatically on your app, since it was routed to you as well.
Pending Actions: Approval
- On top-left corner, click .
- Click Home.
- Click Folder on top right of the Home page, which will direct you to Pending Actions page.
- Click Approval action to proceed
Screen 2 : Approval
You can see the request on the screen. Since “rejecting” scenario is more interesting, let’s click Reject. (If you click Approve, you will quit app.)
Check your email address that you are using as contact info in Kuika. You will see the email that reports rejection.
Congratulations! You have created and run an app with a process flow that uses email notification!